To run two versions of 7 Days To Die (Stable and Experimental):
- Use Steam to run the stable (non-beta version) by rt-clicking on 7 Days To Die in Steam (in left column), click on BETAS tab, and select NONE
To install the Experimental version, you'll have to use SteamCMD (a command line version of Steam)
- Download SteamCMD zip file: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip
- Create a folder D:\SteamCMD\ and extract the files there (or use C:\SteamCMD or whatever)
- Run steamcmd.exe and it'll download and install the setup files
- Rt click on Windows Explorer (My Computer) and create a new text file called "7 Days To Die EXPERIMENTAL Update.bat"
- Rt click, edit, and the paste the following: (change the steam name, password, and folder)
D:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login [your steam name] [your password] +app_update 251570 +force_install_dir "D:\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\7DTD Experimental" -beta latest_experimental validate +quit
@echo Update Completed
- Now you can create an icon in Steam by clicking Games (very top of screen) then "Add a non-Steam game" and point it to:
D:\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7dlauncher.exe
- To rename the icon, Rt-Click, Properties, and rename.